Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: August 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#5633) Order of AI activities.

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#5633) Order of AI activities.
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 05:54:29 -0700

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > So the current situation is probably the best: AI moves in the beginning
> > of turn and manages cities in the end. And since we started the whole
> > discussion because it was hard to trace when AI moved what unit, all we
> > need to do is to make AI _not_ move units in the end of turn.
> >
> > A patch will follow shortly.

> 2. Removes ai_manage_units from after the human turn.

-  ai_manage_units(pplayer); /* STOP.  Everything else is at end of turn.
*/
+  assess_danger_player(pplayer);
+  /* TODO: Make assess_danger save information on what is threatening
+   * us and make ai_mange_units and Co act upon this information, trying
+   * to eliminate the source of danger */
+
+  ai_manage_units(pplayer);
+  /* STOP.  Everything else is at end of turn. */

You need to call ai_manage_units() twice above, to make up for removing it
from the end of turn. Otherwise units will not be able to disembark from
transports properly. Also other problems may arise due to design problems
in ai_manage_units() and friends. I have posted a lengthy diatribe on this
problem in the past on this list.