Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: July 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: New CM in server patch (PR#4335)

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: New CM in server patch (PR#4335)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 04:02:10 -0700

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > This is just a refresh of the patch after the new tax code went in.
> Three questions:
>
> 1. Isn't AI getting a dedicated auto_arrange_workers. After all, it
> might want to give different weights.

Right. Eventually I'd like to use the aidata weights for the AI.

> 2. I would like to see more stages in emergency resolution. Well, at
> least one more:
> +  cmp.minimal_surplus[FOOD] = pcity->food_stock;
> +  cmp.minimal_surplus[SHIELD] = pcity->shield_stock;

I don't quite see what you are attempting to do here, or how this can
work.

> Also, AI might want to keep city in disorder for a turn or so, but I guess
> this is a finer control we don't want to engage in now.

Well, disorder means no production...

> 3. As far as I can see, the weights you give will apply to players by
> default. And also human players' cities will go starving rather than be
> in disorder. This will change the gameplay quite a bit! Is it so, and
> if it is, can it be avoided?

Good point. We should definitely split AI and human player worker
allocations. Should I make a new patch, or do you want to have a go at it?