Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: July 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: New CM in server patch (PR#4335)

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: New CM in server patch (PR#4335)
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:30:49 -0700

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> This is just a refresh of the patch after the new tax code went in.

Cool, so many "-"s! :)))

Three questions:

1. Isn't AI getting a dedicated auto_arrange_workers.  After all, it might
want to give different weights.

2. I would like to see more stages in emergency resolution.  Well, at
least one more:
+    cmp.minimal_surplus[FOOD] = pcity->food_stock;
+    cmp.minimal_surplus[SHIELD] = pcity->shield_stock;
Also, AI might want to keep city in disorder for a turn or so, but I guess
this is a finer control we don't want to engage in now.

3. As far as I can see, the weights you give will apply to players by
default.  And also human players' cities will go starving rather than be
in disorder.  This will change the gameplay quite a bit!  Is it so, and if
it is, can it be avoided?