Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2003:
[freeciv-ai] interested in building a new client-side AI

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] interested in building a new client-side AI
From: "David Chen" <cooldc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 17:47:34 +0000

hi,
I am a Berkeley student working with my professor on implementing an AI for freeciv. We are interested in building a completely new AI agent that knows only as much as the human player. As I understand, the current AI code is a bit messy and is attached to the server side. Moreover, one of the current goals being worked on is building a client side AI. So I was wondering how difficult it would be to build an interface for a client side agent. Since we require no omniscience, it wouldn't need any hack on the server code. If anyone can point me to the files that I need to read to build a clean interface, that would be greatly appreciated.

David Chen
homepage: www.geocities.com/cooldc314
AIM: cooldc314
ICQ: 147175225