On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Jordi Negrevernis i Font wrote:
Well, i've been developing a patch for giving to the ai the capacity
to make coordinate mass attacks against a city. It does handle a total
of 8 attacking units, 4 defensive units and 4 naval units.
Looks interesting. I need to give it some testing, but the patch doesn't
apply anymore, so could you fix Raahul objections and repost the patch?
Before you do, please
- fix style issues (lots of these)
- use ai_unit_goto() and ai_unit_gothere() instead of do_unit_goto()
- use handle_unit_activity_request() instead of set_unit_activity()
- use ai_unit_new_role() instead of punit->ai.ai_role = ...
- fix your comments, some of them are totally wrong and look like
they've been cut&pasted from somewhere else
But, i have 3 questions:
- How do i know if there is a city in the attack direction?
I don't understand the question.
- Which are the wants for the units? While debugging i get want >
101 many times, before i evaluate army_advisor_choice!! I knew they were
between 0 and 100!!
You knew wrong, as did Raahul. A lot of wants are over 101, the want for
attacking units are among them.
If that thing is likely to go to CVS i can continue to develop it.
I can't say at this point, I'd have to look more closely at it while