Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: December 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Measure the AI ability to harvest resources

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Measure the AI ability to harvest resources
From: "Anthony J. Stuckey" <astuckey@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 02:05:29 -0600

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 03:10:11PM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 12:47:46PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > AI builds barracks by default, before building any attacking troops.
>
> This is IMHO bad.

        Is this from the adjustments in ai/advdomestic.c and ai/advmilitary.c,
where it is noted that Barracks effectively improve production if building
military units?

        If we really want to change AI behavior in the early, open expansion
phase of the game, we need to set up some predicates to test.  Things like
"number of cities less than empire_size", "All other players are unmet",
"total known/FoW area less than map_size/nplayers".