Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: capital on the coast?

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: capital on the coast?
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 08:13:32 +0100

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 12:37:35AM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> I'm reading some pitfighting logs, and notice some battles being lost
> by an AI that has had the upper hand all the game long, because it loses
> its capital. After that, it is all downhill. That made me wonder -
> shouldn't we strongly discourage it from putting its capital on the coast?
> And maybe on a defensive position (hill/river)?
>
> That might make it get a worse start, though.
>
> (I don't know if these capitals were on the coast or not. The logs don't
> say.)

I later game you don't need a capital (Demo) And in early game you have
lost when losing more than 5-6 cities.

So there is only a short time where you would need an inland capital.

But most players change there capital to an inland city after the first
wonder was build or they have contact with a strong enemy.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nur weil das Aufzeichnen, Kopieren und Schnüffeln bei elektronischem