Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2413) ai diplomacy patch

To: freeciv ai <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2413) ai diplomacy patch
From: Jordi Negrevernis i Font <jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:55:35 +0100

2: (Jordi ai diplo) Changing target from Napoleon to Patrick
2: (Jordi ai diplo) demanding support from João II to crush Patrick
2: (João II ai diplo) Changing target from Napoleon to Patrick
1: Get_def bugged at (50,27). The most likely course is a unit on an ocean square without a transport. The owner of the unit is Jordi
1: last message repeated 2 times
1: last message repeated 2 times (total 4 repeats)
1: last message repeated 4 times (total 8 repeats)

1: last message repeated 8 times (total 16 repeats)
1: last message repeated 16 times (total 32 repeats)
1: last message repeated 21 times (total 53 repeats)
2: (Gorthaur ai diplo) demanding support from João II to crush Jordi
civserver: sanitycheck.c:243: check_units: Assertion `ground_unit_transporter_capacity(x, y, pplayer) >= 0' failed.

What happens when you disolve an alliance and you have a unit in an enemy transport? Maybe you get this?

I send this related with diplomacy4.diff because just happen with a copy of cvs+aidiplo+diplomacy4.

And to i'm getting segmentation faults because there is an uninicialized pclause in a ptreaty struct, in the function ai_treaty_suggest - or something like this -. I have a savegame to reproduce this but not always happens the crash. And i think that the reason is that ai_diplomacy_init() that not create a ptreaty struct if the ai does not have an embassy with the other ai.

Anyway, the patch it's so great. Really good to see ai make alliances betwen them.

En/na Per I. Mathisen via RT ha escrit:

This is a new version of the AI diplomacy patch. Thanks a lot to Jordi for
finding bugs and thus encouraging me to work on this patch again :-)

There are lots and lots of changes. Most importantly, the AI will now
suggest treaties to you through the diplomacy dialog, and AIs will make
treaties with each other.

I am not sure if this patch will work with gtk2 anymore. There were some
big changes there that screwed my diff and I didn't see immediately how to
fix it, but it might work somehow still...

Even if you don't have time to review it properly, or even test it, please
take time to skim over it and comment on the overall design, please.