Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: capital on the coast?

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: capital on the coast?
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 14:35:45 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Thomas Strub wrote:
> I later game you don't need a capital (Demo) And in early game you have
> lost when losing more than 5-6 cities.

But the AI doesn't go to democracy... it stays forever at Republic. Going
Democracy for AI would be a giant step forwards (no incite, no civil war).
Davide has a patch I'm going to look at shortly which should fix this.

> But most players change there capital to an inland city after the first
> wonder was build or they have contact with a strong enemy.

Isn't it wiser to try to put the first settler on an inland tile instead?
That way you don't lose production for a new palace. I guess increasing
want for tiles that don't border on ocean when (no. cities==0) would do.