Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] [RFC] Path finding version 14

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] [RFC] Path finding version 14
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 14:51:22 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 09:59:18AM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> >
> > Changes to the interface
> >  - remove PF_IGNORE_COST
> >  - add enum tile_behavior
> >  - add get_TB
> >  - add ignore_enemy and omniscience flags
> >
> > The first three should be obvious. I will explain the last one latter.
> >
> > Changes to the implementation:
> >  - add bucket list heap (activate with USE_HEAP2)
> >  - add some inlining (activate with USE_INLINE) This is a moderate
> >  inline which brings the path finding in the same area as
> >  really_generate_warmap. The 8 small helper function are all moved
> >  into plain_get_next_position and so plain_get_next_position and
> >  really_generate_warmap are now the big functions.
> >  - support for the get_TB, ignore_enemy and omniscience
> >  - added a missing heap_destroy call
>
> And a new version. Changes:
>  - remove the testing path finding user from gotohand.c
>  - add some documentation and license headers
>
> There were no comments on the last version. So I would think that this

Lots of comments now:

1. In struct pf_position why would you need BMC_of_next_step and COP?

2. What are ignore_enemy and omniscience and why these options cannot be
implemented through the already existing callbacks?

3. Usual objections to get_COP.  I think the parameters to this useless
function should be (int TEC, int cost, void *), where cost is either BMC
or (turn + 1) * move_rate - moves_left.

4. I thought pf_next_get_position should be non-destructive, just lifting
info.

5. Please use standard comments before each function.  Most functions are
already well commented elsewhere, but the line of ****** makes the code so
much easier to browse.

6. Which heap is better performing?