Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: August 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: active ai diplomats

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: active ai diplomats
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 19:18:15 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> > This is hopefully the last version.
>
> I ran a series of deterministic pitfight games with this patch. The
> results:
>
> Result (experimental vs hard):
>  First match         9 :       6 (hard vs hard)
>  Second match        12 :       3 (experimental vs hard)
>
> This means three losses were turned into victories, which is quite nice.

It is but I am not sure what you mean by "experimental"?  Or did you add
H_DIPLOMAT handicap to the hard level?

BTW, there is a file "duh" somewhere in your patch and it shouldn't be
there.

Another thing, H_DIPLOMAT set does not fully prevent aggressive diplomat
action: a diplomat can still be built defensively and when the danger goes
away released into the wild.  Did you intend it this way?  (I think it
makes certain sense).

And finally, a diplomat bribing an enemy unit is _not_guaranteed_ to move
to the unit's square, see diplomat_bribe in server/diplomats.c.  Thus
      /* if we came out of a city, try to return */
      if (pcity != NULL) {
        ai_unit_move(pdiplomat, pcity->x, pcity->y);
      }
in ai_diplomat_bribe_nearby can sometimes trigger an assert.

Best,