Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: May 2002:
[freeciv-ai] A better AI Eval buildings 1.1

To: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] A better AI Eval buildings 1.1
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 02:47:19 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'll give it a shot, but it might not happen before the weekend.
>
> Cheers,
> RossW
> =====

Try this patch instead. It gets rid of the annoying warnings. I think there's a
new style issue raised in this patch. It's better to have similar types
clustered together i.e

int a, int b, char c

than

int a, char c, int b

This patch certainly compiles,(no warnings) and I didn't notice any different
savegames in my first run. I'll leave you to run some more savegames and get
back to me. If you see any compile errors, please fix and post a patch. If you
don't have the time to fix it the same day you notice it, send me the warnings.

Ross: Do you go on IRC #freeciv, and if so what time in GMT, and what's your
nick?

This patch applies cleanly to Mar 7 CVS.

The rest of your cleanup changes are more wideranging. A change here, a change
there. If you don't mind, I plan to skip them, and send in the actual changes,
i.e -1 for for default unit_id etc. Let's cut this monster down to size.
Hopefully the two of us can feed freeciv-ai bite size chunks of the
corecleanups.

Per needs an ocean implementation Ross. I've read your ocean implementation,
and it seems to need your co-ord system(cartesian?). Can you send in a version
that implements oceans using current CVS code without the rest of your co-ord
system.

Don't make me write yet another ocean implementation.

Actually, you should probably send in your co-ord system as well after feature
freeze ends. It's interesting.

Aloha,
RK.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental
emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He who knows
it not and can no longer wonder, can no longer feel amazement, is as good as
dead, a snuffed-out candle.
{The World As I See It, in The World As I See It, 1949, Albert Einstein}