Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2009:
[aclug-L] Re: Router questions

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Router questions
From: Jeremy Jones <jtjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:05:16 -0500

My suggestion, if you are wanting a dedicated firewall would be to look into
a Watchguard Firebox.  They are a little pricey but they are fairly solid.
The other option if you have a spare box with two network interfaces would
be to install Untangle firewall.  I currently have it protecting a school
network and it works great, plus you can filter web sites, protocols, scan
traffic for virii and spyware.
Good luck.

Jeremy