Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2007:
[aclug-L] Re: UBUNTU + 2001 pc-chips all/in/one board?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: UBUNTU + 2001 pc-chips all/in/one board?
From: "David Carmichael" <dec2955@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 23:32:42 -0600

Update-
I had to use a third party program to "WIPE" my harddrives that I used on
this system as they seemed to of had a bad MBR block from older DOS/Windows
OS's that had been installed.. DRDOS & MSDOS Fat16, Fat32, NTFS.....Yes the
40gb drive is that old but does not knock and seems very fast...

But anyway... do not know if it the OS or my mainboard+NVidia video card ...
but durring boot-up/INIT all data (init strings) is displayed out the
built-in video system then when "UB" loads it switches to the NVidia card
for out put... it took me a while to figure that out as I was thinking that
the computer was locking up... If I tell the mainboard BIOS to use only the
PCI VIDEO I get very scrambled picture in "UB"??  Never had this trouble
w/windows???
*Can not seem to find open GL for my NVidia card...*

Confirmed working:
USB - Flash drive and Keyboard
PS/2 - Mouse
Sounds Out - MP3 player
NIC - as connected to WWW & Local Network

Have yet to confirm:
Modem
Sound Recording.
Printing

Need to find CD/RW and printer...  Don't happen to have a working CD/RW
gathering dust?

--David