Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2006:
[aclug-L] Linux Support possition open

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Linux Support possition open
From: Jonathan Hall <flimzy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:38:56 -0600

My employer in Hutchinson is looking to fill at least one Linux support
possition very shortly.  The job has not been officially posted yet, so
I don't have an official job description to go off of...

The primary responsibility would be supporting our Linux-based spam
filtering product by phone and e-mail.  100% of our clients are other
businesses, so while it would likely include a larger percentage of
"Teir 1" support, it is with rather intelligent customers (in other
words, you won't be talking to grandmas who don't know the difference
between a computer and a monitor :)

There will likely be the opportunity to branch into some development,
too, for anyone who is familiar with Linux development.  The majority of
the codebase is written in Perl, with some PHP and dabblings of other
languages as necessary.  The product uses Apache, Spamasassin, McAfee AV
(command line for Linux), ClamAV, mysql and qmail, so familiarity with
any of these products would be a bonus as well.

If this something anyone is interested in, please e-mail me privately
with a copy of your resume.

Thanks!

--
Jonathan