Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2006:
[aclug-L] Re: Win4Lin Pro

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Win4Lin Pro
From: Ryan <dreadlocks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:59:34 -0600

vmware server is free, Ive been using VMware for several years now for
all my windows needs.. needless to say I dont use it much, last time I
fired it up was to update the firmware on my DVD rom. At a former
employer I ran the server version on one of our servers so I could run
linux on my workstation and I just ran the database/billing/inventory
software in the VMWare.. used it every day for almost 2 years.. At the
moment such solutions are the best options for those of us who only
use linux and dont want to poision our machines with a windows
installation. What kind of information are you looking for?

On 2/24/06, Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 12:31 -0500, Cavgalar, Alexandros (Alex) wrote:
> > Has anyone used applications such as VmWare or Win4Lin, which allows a =
Linux/UNIX user to launch Windows applications including the Windows OS fro=
m a Linux box. If you had experiences, would you please share them with me.