Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2005:
[aclug-L] Fwd: Re: Westar Grip: Re: Re: January Aclug Meeting?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Fwd: Re: Westar Grip: Re: Re: January Aclug Meeting?
From: Kirk Lancaster <lancaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:16:40 -0600

On Saturday 08 January 2005 09:49 am, DAVID CARMICHAEL wrote:
> How many of you reading these messages are not at
> there home now???  I am being told that it may be
> Thur. of the coming week before I have power again...
> after months of calling 'KGE/Westar' about trees on
> the lines only to have the tree in question be the one
> that has knocked out my power...
> I wonder how many of the ones that gripped two years
> ago about how much 'KGE' had cut back trees near power
> lines [which is what caused them to 'trim back' the
> tree trimming crews] are with out power today?

We have been out of power since Tuesday and the Eagle
says that the line crews are working on the west side (while
we live on the east side).
Westar got their way when they used political influence in
Topeka to force Wichita to retract its new rules on trimming
trees.  Westar has been able to trim trees the way it likes.
Did this prevent power outages? NO!  You are free to guess
my opinion of your comment.