Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2004:
[aclug-L] Eye Surgery: Cataract Removal

To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@complete.org>
Subject: [aclug-L] Eye Surgery: Cataract Removal
From: "David Carmichael" <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:31:48 -0600

Eye Surgery: Cataract Removal

Just wanted to let everybody know that I had cataract surgery on Sat.
[11/06/2004] on my left eye and what a difference that has made for my
vision!

While this week I would be on limited work release... if I had employment
[still looking!!], my vision has improved greatly!  For the first time in my
life I can use the computer with out the need for glasses [looking out of
only the left eye].

It will be four weeks or so before I will be able to have my right eye done
and or get a new pair of prescription glasses to try to balance out my
vision.

My vision before the surgery would be like::::  taking a glass and poring in
some chocolate milk and allowing it to dry.. and then look through the film
of the dried milk....

I want to say a big 'THANK YOU' to Dr. Gangadhar, 'Team Vision Group', 'The
Greene Vision Group' and other sponsors for their "GIFT OF SIGHT' program
and if any of you reading this wish to make a donation please contact them
at 316-681-2020.

It is my understanding that on November 6th they gave sight back to close to
60 people in the Wichita area.

--David