Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2004:
[aclug-L] yum across home LAN?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] yum across home LAN?
From: Olwe Melwasul <olwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 20:48:50 -0500

On the Fedora distributions there's a new way to update called yum. If
you do the full "yum update" (update everything updatable), it downloads
a ton of header files and rpms to /var/cache/yum. Great, done that (took
over 3 days on a 26k modem :()), but now I have a second box on my
network I'd like to update without going back through my horrid Internet
connection. Is there any way to hack yum to take advantage of the one
box's now very full /var/cache/yum?

Olwe