Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2004:
[aclug-L] NLUG Meeting on Wednesday (09/08) : Voice over IP with Asteris

To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] NLUG Meeting on Wednesday (09/08) : Voice over IP with Asterisk
From: "Newton Linux User Group" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:22:07 -0500

Hello Everybody!

Just a reminder that the second Wednesday is almost here.
We will have an NLUG meeting this Wednesday night at 7pm.

The announcement is also being sent to the ACLUG discussion
list because I thought some members might be interested in
this month's advanced topic.

*** TOPIC: Voice over IP with Asterisk ***

Chris Locke from Stratitec plans to present Voice over IP
technology using Asterisk.  Asterisk is a Linux-based
open source Voice over IP server.

http://asterisk.org/

Stratitec, a Wichita-based Linux computer manufacturer,
recently moved their entire phone network over to a VoIP
solution using Asterisk open source VoIP server and
hardware VoIP handsets.  Chris plans to demonstrate a
few of the phones they chose for their office desktops
and how these phones interact with the Asterisk VoIP
server software.

If you have any questions about this topic, email me!

Do you have a topic suggestion?  Please let us know!

NLUG meetings are held at Datility Networks in Newton.  See
the website (www.newtonlug.org) for directions and previous
presentations.  Thanks to Ko for maintaining the site!

Hope to see you there!

Jason

--
Jason Klein
Datility Networks, Inc.

---
NOTE:  We try to send out reminders a few days before each
monthly NLUG meeting.  You should only receive one message
per month.  If you would like to be removed from this list,
please send your request to list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.