Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2004:
[aclug-L] looking for a linux user in wichita asap !

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] looking for a linux user in wichita asap !
From: Aymeric <aymeric.mansoux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 20:49:13 +0200

Hello everyone,

This is an emergency call from amsterdam (.nl/europe). We (a bunch of
artists and free software users) are actually working on a mini project
to send video from athens (paralympics) to be beamed in a public space
in wichita.

According to our schedule we would have prepare the machine here and
then sent it to wichita, unfortunately due to time problem we need the
machine to be ready and working asap.

That's why we need someone who could perform the following steps in
wichita:
- advice and help buy a computer for this project (must be at least PIV
  with a decent GPU either ATI or NVIDIA) (minimum tech req: ATI Radeon
  9000, no need for a fancy expensive last model, we don't want to play
  doom3 :)) just have a decent acceleration exemple: an R250 + fglrx.
- install the machine (we would prefer debian or gentoo, but if you want
  to use your favourite distro that's fine as long as everything works
  in time :)
- configure a ftp server on this machine
- compile Pure Data, PDP and PiDiP (runs under X with at least xv
  working) - we can help you on this part.
- make the connection to the beamer
- make the system reliable (supposed to run a few weeks non stop)
- help on the internet access configuration

There is nothing hard to do, but we're really short in time so we're
looking for a reliable and "advanced" user who could help us in a very
efficient way.

when should you start: yesterday ;)
money: exact amount to be discussed (but it will really fair no worry).

please forward this mail to anyone who could help !!!

PS: you will not be alone in wichita of course :) we just need to find
someone to help for all this technical part.

THANK YOU !

aymeric.