Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2004:
[aclug-L] Re: Lexmark Z45 Re: My trash could be your treasure:

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Lexmark Z45 Re: My trash could be your treasure:
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 23:54:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, David Carmichael wrote:

> Due to the shipping costs it did not sell... it made the price close to
> $20.00

Ah, well... that can be an issue.  I ran into that with older laser
printers... an LJ-II weighs around 60 pounds.  You can't make any money
off of them unless you disassemble it and sell the individual components.
I was wanting to buy one for parts, but it just didn't make any sense
after shipping.

If folks are buying the servo motors and stuff, you might be able to
disassemble it and sell individual parts.  There's a good market for that
in the laser printer arena... dunno about inkjets.

(Darn LJ-II was a workhorse... but I finally hit an error that indicated
one of three things wrong, and two of those three were the most expensive
components to replace.  I finally gave in stuck it in a closet.  Probably
time to part it out and see what I can get for the known-working
components and trash the rest.)

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Toto, I don't think we're online anymore...