Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: 3D CAD program for linux

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: 3D CAD program for linux
From: bruce bales <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:44:43 -0500

Jesse.
We had a fellow on the ACLUG list who was pushing cad on linux until
about a year ago (or maybe he is still lurking out there).  His email is
 phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>

He has a cad page at  http://pfrostie.freeservers.com/cad-tastrafy/ and
references another at
http://www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=cad-linux

I used Windows Autocad for a few years and tried Varicad with Linux
until the free trial version ran out.  It isn't Autocad, but is pretty
close.  The price wouldn't be bad for some company, (I think about $300)
but was more than I could justify for just my home use.

They are at www.varicad.com  You might look at it.

bruce