Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: FW: [presentations] August Meeting Topic?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: FW: [presentations] August Meeting Topic?
From: ironrose <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 10:19:36 -0500

Most of the topics presented in ACLUG are kind of an introduction to the
topic, enough to get you interested enough to investigate more or a
person  has too many irons in the fire and pass the subject up for now.

What I have found out is that PHP can do dynamic web pages without the
cost of ASP and it is much faster than CGI.  Many people who have
experience with programming in C can get up to speed using PHP in a
short time.  Since the dot com solutions aren't raking in the money like
they thought or hoped, a more cost effective solution would be better.
 I am definately interested in learning more about the topic and I was
curious if others were also.