Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: Off Topic - OEM "XP" to new harddrive?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Off Topic - OEM "XP" to new harddrive?
From: "Jonathan Hall" <flimzy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:51:14 -0500

Here are some things I've found...

g4u (Ghost for Unix):  http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/
    Has limited support for disks of different sizes (works best when going
from small image to larger disk)

CluClo (Cluster Cloner): http://cluclo.sourceforge.net/
    Seems to be intended for use with Linux filesystems only (?)

PartImage:
http://freshmeat.net/redir/partimage/7631/url_homepage/www.partimage.org
    Only works when cloning disks of identical sizes.

GNU Parted: http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/
    Can create, destroy, resize, check, and copy partitions.  Not sure how
extensive the "copy" feature is... it may not really act like ghost.

ZPart: http://www.bela2.sulinet.hu/blum/rgazda/zpart/Zpart850.htm
    Looks pretty worthless... looks like it only works with old/small DOS
partitions.

Links to many disk utilities: http://sac-ftp.externet.hu/utildisk9.html
    Look specifically for image134.zip, a DOS disk image backup/restore
utility

Still, none of these are the one I was thinking of... I've e-mailed James
Violette, as I think he told me about it originally.  If he's reading this,
perhaps he'll do us all a favor and post the link to the list for us :)

-- Jonathan