Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: Cable modem

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Cable modem
From: Noah Romer <nromer@xxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Apr 2003 09:54:46 -0500

John covered the whole "bandwidth cap" issue quite succinctly. As far as
which modem to go with, I've been using a Motorolla SB4100 for some time
and it's worked quite well. Only thing I wish it had was an actual power
switch.
As far as bandwidth goes, to my knowledge, Cox doesn't specify a max
bandwidth in their contracts. I live in Derby, and see a consistent 400
KB/s max download and 32 KB/s max upload. So, in marketing speak, that's
3.27 Mb/s and 262 Kb/s. Not great, but better than DSL and most cable
contracts.
--
Noah Romer          | He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has
klevin@xxxxxxxxxx   | left the path of wisdom. -- J.R.R. Tolkien

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part