Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: Cable modem

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Cable modem
From: ironrose <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:16:22 -0500

One of the cable modems that Cox can't cap is the 3Com cable modem, but
that might be the reason why Cox doesn't support that cable modem.  For
some strange reason many of the staff at Cox have suggested that people
get the Toshiba cable modems.  Go figure -- job security???  SMC has a
cable modem that is about half the price of the other modems and is
suppose to work just the same, but I haven't had a chance to test one.
 My cable modem is a Best Data and I haven't had any problems with it,
except for the problems that I have created and were resolved.  ~Anne