Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: Monta Vista vs. RedHat

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Monta Vista vs. RedHat
From: Michael Osten <mosten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Mar 2003 13:45:16 -0600

> So, to answer your question by saying "no offense" in my sentence, I am
> trying to exclude the ones that think and test before release codes. I was
> not trying to offense anyone but rather understand what kind of a control
> process built into Open Source Systems.
>
> Kindest Regards,
>
> Alex.

I would tend to agree on some points.  I have worked several places
where testing your code was QA's problem.  The main mantra was "do not
break the build" (so much so that at my last position we had a
mechanical symbol clapping monkey for the desk of build breakers).

I think in a lot of cases, it is just that people are too confident in
their coding skills and refuse to test.

--
Michael Osten
(620)437-2961