Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: Monta Vista vs. RedHat

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Monta Vista vs. RedHat
From: "Cavgalar, Alexandros (Alex)" <cavgalar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:26:17 -0500

I work with living proofs daily for the past seven years. As a matter of
fact, due to lack of software course in my department, I took whole bunch of
classes in the CS department and found out that even the instructors of the
CS department believe the same thing. I am not saying that CS guys are
writing "lousy" programs but rather focusing on different aspects of system
performance. There has been three publications by University of Wisconsin,
which focuses on computer architecture and "the computer architecture center
of north America", regarding the system doping.  I also discussed this many
times with my colleague Dennis Ritchie, The inventor of UNIX and C, and
Linus Torwals, the inventor of Linux. They both agree that to improve the
system performance they themselves had to reiterate the current compiler.
Linus himself told me during a mobil system design conference in San
Francisco that he strips all the extra junk people put in into the system to
increase the performance. When I asked him what junk, he said that many
programmers are writing a code without thinking. They compile, if it works,
it is good.

So, to answer your question by saying "no offense" in my sentence, I am
trying to exclude the ones that think and test before release codes. I was
not trying to offense anyone but rather understand what kind of a control
process built into Open Source Systems.

Kindest Regards,

Alex.