Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Linux Now Have More Security Problems Than Windows

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Linux Now Have More Security Problems Than Windows
From: Anne McCadden <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 21:15:46 -0600

Sounds like a biased article.  Open Source openly publishes breeches in
security so that they can be patched.  M$ doesn't admit to breeches and
I know that there have been several.  According to SARC, there are
approx. 200 new viruses a month that compromise M$ systems.  Virus
removal and data recovery is about 60-75% of our business in the shop.
 Can you imagine how much business we would lose if people had and used
linux wisely, ie., not run linux as root and have reasonably secure
passwords?   Just an idea, not a suggestion.