Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Linux Now Have More Security Problems Than Windows

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Linux Now Have More Security Problems Than Windows
From: Ryan <ryan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 18:39:13 -0600

Jonathan Hall wrote:
| And perhaps because "Linux and opensource software" is comprized of
| literally thousands of independant programs--many which are terribly
| insecure, whereas Microsoft develops only a handfull in comparison.
|
| If you considered "Microsoft and all Windows-based software" vs.
"Linux and
| open-source software", which would be a much more valid comparison,
I'm sure
| "Linux and open-source" would have far fewer outstanding security issues.
|
| -- Jonathan

Exactly, that is a terrible comparison... If they want to compare Linux
VS Windows they should include only security issues with the linux
kernel and maby a base install of only the most simple linux software. A
fair comparason would be a default Win2K install and a default linux
install with the same comparable services running from default... then
compare track records and see...
Unless this test report updates its test to include Windows and all
Windows software they cant compare it to Linux and all of linux's
software there point is completly flawed.

- -Ryan