Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: [Fwd: *****SPAM***** Lessons in Spam Fighting - Open Nov 1

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: [Fwd: *****SPAM***** Lessons in Spam Fighting - Open Nov 15, 2002]
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:58:29 -0600 (CST)

On 15 Nov 2002, Clint Brubakken wrote:

> speaking of Spam, I got this message about fighting spam from Open
> Magazine,
>  that got classified as spam by SpamAssassin

SpamAssassin is pretty consistent about false-positives on messages from
mailing lists, especially announcment lists.  They look too much like spam
with all of the "click to remove" info.  One just needs to put all the
addresses one receives this kind of thing from into the whitelist and
that'll take care of it.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
If I want your opinion, I'll take you out of my killfile.