Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2002:
[aclug-L] WebDev needs hardware! Can you help?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] WebDev needs hardware! Can you help?
From: "Jonathan Hall" <flimzy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:53:42 -0500

As per our meeting this evening immediately after the regular meeting, ACLUG
is in need of some computer hardware to act as a web development server for
our new web site project.  Below you will find listed the minimum specs we
have in mind for the target machine.  If you are willing to donate any or
all of the needed components, please send an email to me (flimzy@xxxxxxxxxx)
and not to the list, with a list of what hardware you have available.  I
will then contact you again via e-mail to let you know if we need your
donations.

It is important to note that we are asking strictly for donations.  Any
hardware you donate will no longer belong to you!  We are not asking for a
loan.  We simply do not want to be held responsible for the well-being of
other people's hardware, and for returning it later.  If it should ever come
that we are no longer using the hardware for ACLUG purposes, we will sell it
(with first option going to ACLUG members), and the revenue generated will
go to the ACLUG treasury.

Hardware items needed:

AT or ATX case w/ power supply
400Mhz or faster Intel-compatible CPU (Intel or AMD is fine)
Motherboard that works with the CPU and case
128mb or more RAM
6gb or more hard disk storage (multiple smaller drives likely acceptable)
10/100 NIC
Basic PCI video card

Don't worry if you have a CPU without a motherboard... someone else may have
an appopriate motherboard.  So just e-mail me with a list of any of these
components you have that you are willing to donate.

Thank you!