Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2002:
[aclug-L] Off-Topic: Home security and cellular phones.

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Off-Topic: Home security and cellular phones.
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 04:16:48 -0500

Topic: Home security and cellular phones.

With many people in this group working for telephone service providers;

Does anybody in this newsgroup know of a device that will allow a home
security system connect to a cellular phone?

What I would really like to be able to do is to drop the monthly
service fee by using a pre-paid cellular service.
I am paying for a second phone line just to have our security system
connected to! In part due to the fact that I have DSL service and have
read that having a security system connected to the same phone line
can cause a drop in speed along with not having our main phone line
blocked by the security system when it makes its out bound phone
call... Along with the point locally many homes have been broken into
that have security systems.. but the intruders cut the phone lines
before entering the home.

--David
dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx