Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: sctelcom?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: sctelcom?
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 12:22:50 -0500

> 2) This is for a 384K down connection.  Most other things you are going to
> compare this to are going to be up to 4 times faster than this.

Shoot -> SWBC "CAPPED" my DSL to less than the 384 down for as long as I
have had the service!! <-

And I know all about the taxes... Yuck!! but looking at a savings of around
$40+ per-month I am looking at it hard ....

It is a two year contract at the $39.95+taxes... who can say what the rate
will be in two years.. for any DSL provider.. rumor is with the MCI/Worldcom
troubles will really hurt SBC, from what I have read they are the number two
creditor!!??

No 'Newgroups'??  Any fee or free newsgroup servers other than the Microsoft
newsgroups?

But I sure would like to talk to somebody that uses the service!

--David