Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Shutting down linux from X

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Shutting down linux from X
From: Michael Moore <mrmoore@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 23:51:12 -0500

Anne McCadden wrote:

>I was told by cox.net that a person could have up to 3 IP addresses, and
>that means to me that I can have 3 computers connected to cox.net.
> Admittedly, the download times really sloooow down quite a bit.  ~Anne

That is only if you were a RoadRunner subscriber and now are with Cox.
 We are currently being grandfathered.  From the what I have heard from
Cox is that by the first of next year everyone will have to pay $6.95
for each additional IP address.

If you were to subscribe to Cox Cable now (new customer) you would only
be allowed one IP address.

Best Buy had 4-port D-link routers for $39 with a $10 mail-in rebate.
 Or like Stephen said, build one of your own.  If you got an old pc and
(2) 3com NIC cards that your not using.  Or Rick could set you up with
one for $50 +tax.