Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2002:
[aclug-L] NOAA Radio

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] NOAA Radio
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 04:21:17 -0500

Ok I think that somebody in this group is a HAM RADIO Builder and might be
able to help me.

I have a multiband radio that will pick up NOAA broadcasts.

But for some unknown [yea right 'David' how about computer(s) and DSS
receiver] reason I am unable to pick-up the NOAA broadcasts in my office.

How can I boost the reception range of this little radio? Wrapping it in
foil does not work...

_OR_ does the local NOAA "WEBCAST" their reports?

[[>
    Side note: was going to use this radio for my home '''cable''' weather
network, found a key macro recorder that I was looking for;  If you missed
the posting here is what is going on:  After not being able to sell my older
233MMX system, I decided to put it to use, reconnect it to my DSL modem and
have a couple of open web pages from the likes of the Weatherchannel.com and
the local TV stations weather related web pages, installed the ATI video
card that I had for sale so that the computer would have a VIDEO out and
connect it up to a 'UHF MODULATOR' this would then be connected to my
current home 'RF' distribution system [2-DSS's, 2-VCR's, DVD, and local
off-air,  not having local cable going on seven years. I now have a 'sort of
functional weather channel that can be viewed on any TV in the house.]
<]]