Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Second Saturday Sale

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Second Saturday Sale
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:01:37 -0600

FWIW, our (ACLUG's) involvement with the Saturday Sale was on space
available basis.  They basically donated the space to us, and let us in
free.  At first it was a benefitial arrangement, but as the show grew we
often found ourselves stuck in a back corner with no space.  And as the
newness of Linux wore off, fewer and fewer people would stop to talk to us,
and the few that did were regulars of this group.

The latest information from the Sale promoters indicates that they are
running out of space for new vendors, so our only chance of having a booth
would be if we wanted to pay $40 for a 5ft table. I don't see that as
likely.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx