Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Lies, twisted words, and big balls

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Lies, twisted words, and big balls
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 23:55:21 -0600

One addition to this... One reason Open Source is such a bennefit is b/c it
doesn't REQUIRE a single standard to be shared by "millions and millions of
machines."  Different types of hardware AND software are better able to
bennefit from each other and work together b/c of Open Source.  We don't
need a single "standard" hardware platform for Open Source to be successful.
I'm not sure what Gates' alleged quote was really supposed to mean.  *shrug*