Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: What you might see if you Pirate WinXP ;-)

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: What you might see if you Pirate WinXP ;-)
From: Ironrose <amccadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 21:20:12 -0500

Are you using Easy CD creator or Nero on Windows?  If you are using Easy
CD creator, then what version, 4 or 5?  I switched to Nero 5 at Jeff's
suggestion and it works great.  It is burns faster and getting less
coasters.

Other things that you could check is the condition of the burned CD,
does it have scratches or smudges.  I have seen some CD's that had even
minor smudges and finger prints cause the program to crash.  Sometimes
they have a film on them and I have had to gently wash a CD or 2 to get
them to work.  I know now to be careful as to who I lend CD's to. :-}