Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Need ideas for online business.

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Need ideas for online business.
From: Ironrose <amccadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 10:28:31 -0500

Thank you Jon for very good advice.  No one wants to start a business
that is doomed to fail.  One solution could be to have a team approach
to the business that these individuals are wanting to build.  Sometimes
a company is very successful, but isn't on the internet and wants to be,
but they don't know enough about computers to know how to get started.
If the 2 parties could merge, one part to work with the computers
(provided that they have enough experience in doing this) and the other
part that has a successful local business that is looking for growth.

I met a salesman about 2 years ago who has a siding business mostly for
the do-it-yourselfer and he wants get on the internet to have a mail
order business.  People could fax or e-mail in the requests and he could
ship them out withing 3 days.  At the time I didn't have the computers
to help him and now I don't remember his name.  Oh well....life goes on.