Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Need ideas for online business.

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Need ideas for online business.
From: "james" <menoz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:22:41 -0500

what do you know how to do?
sometimes the things you are already doing
can be a good idea
things like your trade or skill or maybe just a hobby
but these types of online businesses dont become the next
ebay or msn or priceline ect.
but they do often make either a good additional income
or sometime a replacement income without having to
have 10,000 or more customers

start with something that you already know

as far as running your server thats good
if your know how to keep it secure
if this would be a learning thing for you
, you might consider having it partialy hosted
by another service for the security
take your online order forms for example it might be good to let
another services host those pages an handle transactions
until your sure about your server , meanwhile hosting your own webpages
would be completely safe
while you are developing your security and cgi programs
  menoz@xxxxxxxxxxx