Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Linux-compatible cell phone?

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Linux-compatible cell phone?
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 16:50:11 -0600

I finally got my cell phone to work as a modem, but I've yet to try it with
Linux. In theory, it should act as a generic 'Hayes' modem.  I'll try it again
Monday night and see if I can get it to work. When I was looking for a phone,
only a couple models supported data, and they tended to be rather pricey. Mine's
a Qualcom/Kyocera QCP2035a tri-mode phone. I'm on Verizon Wireless, and I would
imagine the choice of phones would depend on which service provider you have.
I'm also unsure if all carriers offer digital data in this area. It may depend
on the rate plan and option packages you desire.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Secretary & Website Maintainer - info@xxxxxxxxx