Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: The theraputic properties of writing a plea for help.

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: The theraputic properties of writing a plea for help.
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 13:32:43 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, J T wrote:

> I recently found myslef writing an e-mail, preparing
> to state a plea for help to the list when, in the
> process of going through various things and verifying
> the output for the e-mail, I solved my own problem.

You have discovered the First Key.  You may now advance to the next Level.

Explaining your problem to someone else requires you to logically step
through the facets of the problem.  Even great programmers and systems
administrators will grab a peer to explain the problem to, hoping not only
for feed-back, but self-enlightenment.  It's a weird experience to finish
explaining a problem to a peer, then ask them to get out of your office
because you've got it figured out and you don't need them now.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Windows isn't crippleware: it's Functionally Challenged.