Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Firewall Question

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Firewall Question
From: "Carl B. Davis" <cdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 16:00:03 -0600

This firewall script was an RPM I obtained from the internet, rpmfind.net.
It is based on SUSE's distribution and is a firewall that is supposed to run
with ipchains.  It has been converted to work with my version of RedHat.  I
already have ip masquerading going.  This firewall script shuts down
specified ports between 1-1023, and exclude and limit other services like
ftp, http and smtp.  It looks like it is setup to work with ip masq.
I can make the firewall work when I manually start it after my dial up
connection has been established.  But, I don't know  how to start the
firewall automatically after my local machine has received it's dynamic ip.

Carl