Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2001:
[aclug-L] CD full of big apps

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] CD full of big apps
From: james l <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:42:59 -0600

I have decided to put together a CD full of apps that people without, or with
lots of bandwitdth. Like the 2.4 kernel, XF 4, open office, etc and some cool
stuff. Below is a list of stuff that will go in, provided there is space, and
if you want something included, e-mail me.

James L

BIG stuff
Xfree 86 4.0.2
2.4.0 kernel
kde 2.0.1
open office
abiword

cool stuff
tilp-ti calc linking program
fiasco-a fractal based image compression program, it decodes fast, but takes
a long time to encode.
ogg vorbis-the "free" replacement for mp3 -no patents, no encumberment
efractal-fractal generator program by Mark Arrasmith, even if you don't
understand a bit about fractals, it looks cool