Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2001:
[aclug-L] Newbie

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Newbie
From: mfj1952@xxxxxxxxx (Michael Franz-Josef Riggle)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:54:50 -0600 (CST)

Hello All:
        I soon hope to make my first step with linux.  Debian just happens to
be available to replace my Win 3.11 on the subject machine.  Knowing a very
limited amount about this new operating system, the installation procedure
is a bit rocky and getting along very slow.  To complicate matters, the
machine is a 486 Packard Hell with an older Bios so I use E-Z Drive to make
sure it recognizes the 1.2 gig hard drive.
        I have looked on the web for tutorials, but could find none that
address the older bios problems and how they are dealt with.  I appreciate
any help.

Thanks
Michael