Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: automating Gimp

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: automating Gimp
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 02:28:11 -0600

Gimp is probably overkill for that project.  I don't know right off hand
what utilities to suggest, and I'm too tired now to do any research of my
own...

But there are probably some bmp2png and png2jpg types of utilities....
perhaps even a bmp2jpg or something... Or perhaps a utility that converts
from XYZ image format to ZYX format, of your choosing.

I would start by searching freshmeat.

I believe there are also utilities to make thumbnails automatically... but
again, I don't know the names--check freshmeat.