Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2001:
[aclug-L] automating Gimp

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] automating Gimp
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 01:27:39 -0600

I occasionally have tasks where I'd like to perform the same operation on a
directory of images without manually opening each one in Gimp, performing
the action, and saving the image. I figured I could use the scripting
capabilities of Gimp to perform operations on images from the command line,
but can't find any documention for what I need.

The tasks I need to perform should be pretty simple:

1) Given a directory of .bmp files, convert them all to .gif or .jpg format.

2) Given a directory of .jpg files, make a thumbnail copy of each, with a
slightly modified file name. For example, for the file image.jpg, create a
copy of the image called imageTN.jpg with the size 75x100 pixels.

Does anyone have ideas of how to do this?

Thanks,
John