Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: from AUI to RJ45

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: from AUI to RJ45
From: Jeff Vian <jvian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 23:30:36 -0600

Yes, a simple adapter can be bought for it. (I probably have one laying
around).

adapters are available for either BNC to RJ45 or  for AUI to RJ45.
but it would be simpler and much cheaper to just get the new NIC instead
 so you have less hardware and such)

If you want an older card I have several NE2000 clones (ISA bus) that work
readily for your purpose.
All are RJ45, and I will let you have them for $5 each.

The only thing you would need to know is the IRQ and I/O address since they
are not plug & play.  But then neither is the NE1000 you already have.